Online Food Safety Training
Food safety training is a vital requirement of any food business. The Australian Food Safety Code – Standard 3.2.2 requires food businesses to ensure that people that handle food and supervise those who handle food, have the skills and knowledge in food safety and hygiene for the work they do.
Appropriate skills and knowledge empower staff to provide a high level of food safety assurance protecting consumers and your brand.
The theory component of courses are completed online and workplace tasks for demonstration of skills occur at a suitably equipped work place. Training is at the learners pace and video conference with a trainer is at a time that suits your business. Training support and assessment is undertaken by a qualified trainer.
Simply pay online, register, successfully complete the course, pass the assessment, and where required undertake and pass workplace tasks and receive a statement of attainment. It is that simple.
Separate courses are available for the hospitality sector and the retail sector. Choose the course based on the work you do.
HACCP Australia has partnered with a leading Registered Training Organisation (RTO) 5 Star Online Training Pty Ltd (RTO #45332).to offer both accredited and non-accredited online and blended training including :
- SITSS00051 Food Safety Supervision (NSW food Authority approved)*
- SITSS00051 Food Safety Supervision (all states except NSW)* These courses include nationally recognised certification including the NSW Food Authority additional certificate.
Non accredited courses
- Basic Food Safety
- Allergen awareness
In the Hospitality sector training is required for roles including;
- Fast food
- Anywhere food is prepared and served
In the retail sector training is required for roles including;
- Supermarkets (except ACT – see course details)
- Convenience stores
- Delicatessens (except ACT – see course details)
- Places where food is packaged or not prepared on site
Food Safety Training
Food safety training is a vital requirement of any food business. The Australian Food Safety Code – Standard 3.2.2 requires food businesses to ensure that people that handle food and supervise those who handle food, have skills and knowledge in food safety and hygiene for the work they do.
Appropriate skills and knowledge empower staff to provide a high level of food safety assurance.
What is a Food Safety Supervisor – FSS
An important part of having a Food Safety Program is having one person who can oversee the program and the way it is used in your business. This person is called a Food Safety Supervisor (FSS). The FSS must have the food safety skills and knowledge appropriate to the processes your business does. The FSS must also have the authority to ensure that each employee who handles food has the skills and knowledge appropriate to the things they do.
The Food Safety Supervisor (FSS) must:
- Have an accredited food safety qualifications which show they have the required competencies;
- Be able to supervise food handling;
- Have the authority to supervise and give instructions to food handlers and
- Ensure food handlers know how to handle food safely and hygienically.
Each state has a legislated requirement for FSS depending on the type of business they are involved with and this is normally administered by the local council or shire.
The Benefits of Online Training
Online or blended Food safety training courses are the quickest, easiest, most convenient and cost effective way for staff to achieve training requirements.;
- Travelling to a venue to do a training course takes extra time and costs.
- Taking time off work to do a FOOD SAFETY COURSE for FOOD HANDLERS OR FOOD SAFETY SUPERVISORS may affect your ability to earn money. Online training allows students to complete the course when they want – at work or in their spare time.
- Sitting in a room with others means that you have to learn at their pace. Online Training allows you to complete the course theory at your pace
Ensuring staff are qualified means that you can mitigate most of these disadvantages.
Consider these benefits of Online Food Safety Training;
- No waiting or delays
- No travel
- No time off work
- No sitting in class
- Self paced
- Come and go bookmarking
- Download a PDF statement of attainment
- Online training support
- After enrolment start training in under 3 minutes
Making sure that your staff are trained and comply with state based legislation will ensure that your business will continue to prosper and avoid costly non-conformance processes from the regulators and fines. If you would like to offer these courses to your staff as an employer, you can purchase and set up as many accounts as you need and you can simply allocate user names as required and invite them to the training. A dashboard allows you to monitor their progress.
Talk to us about setting up special secure gates for your business to online training.